Best Career Choices for Fitness Freaks
By Born Tough on
We get it, you love taking care of your body and are passionate about fitness. It’s often heard that when choosing a career path then always make sure to pick something that you like doing.
Many people believe that although the idea of staying fit excites them yet, they can’t turn it into a lucrative career.
Well, you must know that fitness jobs are gaining massive popularity in these times and can generate a strong career for you.
Table of Contents
- Why Are Career Interests Important?
- You Will Feel More Satisfied
- Your Productivity Will Boost
- Your Chances of Success Increase
- Signs That Show You Are a Fitness Freak
- 5 Top-of-The-Line Career Choices for Fitness Freaks
Here we bring some of the best career choices for all those fitness freaks out there so you can effectively get your skills into work.
Why Are Career Interests Important?
All too often, people are seen chasing a career that promises a high salary or job security. You should know that if you love what you are doing then all these things will come along with it.
Here are some reasons to only choose a career that excites you and not to fall for a high salary or flashy title.
You Will Feel More Satisfied
You spend most of the time of your life at your workplace so if you don’t enjoy it then you will end up missing out on your life.
Even if you are earning less than your friends it doesn’t matter because sticking to a career that you love will eventually help you in earning a lot more.
Read More: Best Exercises to Increase Your Vascularity
Your Productivity Will Boost
Doing something you love will make you feel motivated and inspired in your career. If you are just doing a job for the sake of earning money then you don’t have the drive to excel.
On the other hand, if you are passionate about your job, your productivity will always be at its peak and you will be completing your work in the most efficient manner.
Your Chances of Success Increase
Spending hours at the gym may not make you feel as tired as sitting in front of your laptop for an hour. It’s because when you enjoy your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
You won’t be needing daily motivations to reach your full potential. You will be putting in your full effort and doing the best work naturally. All of these factors increase your chances of eventually being successful in the future.
Signs That Show You Are a Fitness Freak
If you are still unsure that if you are a true fitness freak or not then here are some signs that suggest that health and fitness is the best career path for you:
- Your life revolves around workout sessions.
- Your daily conversation is mostly about fitness.
- You love wearing workout clothes.
- You feel proud of your body.
- You always focus on eating healthy.
- The time you spend exercising is the best time of your day.
5 Top-of-The-Line Career Choices for Fitness Freaks
We have researched some of the best career paths that you can pick keeping in view the market trends and the needs of the fitness industry.
As an athletic trainer, you mostly work with professional athletes for carrying out rehabilitation programs for the injured, work in preventing, diagnosing, treating muscular injuries, and a lot more.
From a low-impact sport like golf to a physically demanding sport like football, every athlete is at risk of picking up an injury. Even a small twist in the ankle can result in intolerable pain and a week of immobilization.
It’s not necessary that athletic trainers only work with professional athletes. They work with anyone who is conscious about health.
These are some of the typical duties of an athletic trainer:
- Treating injuries to muscles, tendons, bones, and ligaments.
- Creating exercise programs for athletes to develop strength, flexibility, proper posture, and prevent injury.
- Providing first aid treatment to athletes if they face injury during a match.
- Planning and implementing rehabilitation programs for injured athletes.
What You Need for Being an Athletic Trainer
To start your career professionally, you will at least be needing a bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in this field will be a plus. Almost all the states require athletic trainers to be licensed or certified.
How Much Can You Make?
As an athletic trainer, you can approximately earn about $45,000 annually.
You will be well-aware of this career as you might also have trained under the guidance of a personal fitness trainer.
As a personal fitness trainer, you will teach everything your clients need to know about exercising. You need to plan fitness programs according to the specific needs of your clients.
You have to put together the perfect routine to help your clients in achieving their goals and always keep a close eye on their posture for each exercise.
These are some responsibilities of a fitness trainer:
- Identifying the fitness level of their clients to create a workout program.
- Tracking client’s progress.
- Modifying exercises based on the client’s needs such as injuries or health issues.
- Have basic knowledge of nutrition to help clients with their recovery.
- Carrying out first aid if needed.
What You Need for Being a Fitness Trainer
There are a number of diplomas and certifications that can help you in becoming a fitness trainer but, most popular fitness trainers also have a bachelor’s degree in health or related industry.
How Much Can You Make?
Fitness trainers can approximately make $39,000 annually.
Occupational therapists are among one of the most highly paid jobs in the health and fitness industry. But, it’s also a job of great responsibility requiring years of experience and exceptional skills.
Their job is to treat injured, physically ill, or disabled people through therapeutic activities. They develop therapy programs to help their patients develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for doing routine tasks with ease.
Let’s have a look at the responsibilities of occupational therapists:
- Help children and adults with permanent disabilities to perform daily tasks and develop independence.
- Helping elderly people who are confined to a wheelchair to modify their home for easily accommodating a wheelchair.
- Teaching functional skills to patients with mental and emotional disabilities such as using public transportation.
What You Need for Being an Occupational Therapist
Occupational therapists must earn a master’s degree in the field and be licensed to practice. In their degree, they go through 24 weeks of fieldwork under expert supervision to gain clinical exposure.
How Much Can You Make?
Occupational therapists earn around $83,000 annually.
Physical therapists are movements experts who work to improve the quality of life of patients suffering from chronic conditions, illnesses, or injuries.
They closely assess every patient’s needs and develop a plan consisting of exercises and functional movement training. The main goal is to improve the patient’s range of mobility.
These are some responsibilities of a physical therapist:
- Diagnose patients by observing their movements.
- Review medical histories of patients.
- Developing individual treatment plans for patients.
- Making a record of patients’ progress.
- Use exercises, stretching, and hands-on therapy methods for improving mobility and preventing further pain.
What You Need for Being a Physical Therapist
A Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree is needed for being a licensed physical therapist.
How Much Can You Make?
Physical therapists can make around $86,000 annually.
Fitness or Fashion Model
If you exercise regularly and have developed some massive arms with those coveted abs then becoming a fitness model can be a good career choice for you.
Being a fitness model is a full-time job, you need to be in your best physique throughout the year and be confident with your personality.
If you have a killer physique and are passionate about fashion then it could be a plus as you can get into fashion modeling.
Being a fashion model typically requires physical attractiveness and the ability to maintain a graceful appearance for long hours.
Modeling is a career that symbolizes one of the most lucrative and exciting careers available to the youth. It’s a glamorous field and offers many fascinating benefits.
What You Need for Being a Fitness Model
- Develop modeling skills.
- Practice model poses in front of the camera.
- Create a modeling portfolio.
- Start with a good modeling agency.
- Keep up with the latest fashion trends.
- Build a strong social media presence.
How Much Can You Make?
The average salary of models is about $80,000 but it primarily depends on your popularity. The professional models earn millions of dollars annually.
"This article is originally posted on borntough.com, and borntough.com own the sole copyright on this article. If you read this article outside borntough.com, please report this website to the authority because they have stolen the content from borntough.com and violated borntough copyright"
Top Rated Blogs
- Top 5 Exercises to Do for Maintaining Mental Health
- How to Make Lower Body Workouts for Your Legs...
- 5 Minute HIIT Workout for Beginners You Can Do...
- Best Leg Exercises with Dumbbells to Improve Your Gains
- Best Superset Workout: 6 Superset Exercises for Full-Body Workout
- Best 15 Minute HIIT Cardio Workout No Equipment